Just a few years ago, having vegetables on the side would have been something your kids might squirm about. They’d be reluctant to eat whatever green stuff that was. It wasn’t sweet and that meant they didn’t care for it.
Fast-forward to 2020 and voila! Everybody’s a vegan....well, at least for Veganuary. No worries. Whether you’re actually vegan, trying it out for a month of two, or simply eating more vegetables to spruce up your diet, this roasted vegetables recipe is yours to keep. Trust me when I say, the kids will love it too!
As with any recipe you can feel free to tweak it where the spices are concerned. I’ve outlined a basic way to spice these veggies up, but you can add your own mixes to make it taste the way you like.
- Prep time: 3mins
- Total time: 23mins
Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Sides/ Vegan/Quick recipes/ Lunch
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 carrots
2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp garlic seasoning
- 1tbsp Moroccan/Mediterranean spice mix
- 1tsp salt
- 10 baby plum tomatoes
- Olives for topping
- Feta for topping
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Chop cauliflower and broccoli into chunks (slice from stem, not from florets)
- Slice carrots
Place on baking tray
- Pour oil and seasoning and toss till coated
- Place in oven and bake for 20mins or until tender.